Spotted gum flooring is a common floor surface of choice in Australia. This is mainly because of its natural strength and durability as well as its great appearance.
• The durability and strength of this wood allows it to be used in many engineering and industrial mining applications like bridge and wharf construction.
• Spotted gum is the colloquial name that is given to four different species that are found commonly in the east of Australia. The colors vary depending on the location of the forest.
• It has a distinct grain structure when used as flooring in the home.
• It also contains an oily texture that makes it easy to saw. The colors range from light to deep red-brown, or white to light brown colors in sapwood timber.
• The fact that spotted gum hardwood flooring is extremely durable and available in various colors makes it a great choice for homes both old and new.
• When it is used in certain bushfire prone areas and cut to a certain thickness as boards it doesn’t need any chemical treatment.
• The fact that it has dynamic hues, a back-sawn grain structure, and alluring markings makes it extremely popular. The hues can range from red cocoa to dark brown. This makes it extremely versatile and suitable for use on the grounds that the Hues will hide stains while also giving a fantastic appearance to your floors. If you want to you can also have it polished to accentuate the characteristic grain.
• Different species can be found blowing from the east coast of Australia through to the northern Victoria and finally to Queensland. This specific type of wood can be used for landscaping, fencing, and decking.
So why is spotted gum so popular with the builders, interior designers, architects, and homeowners?
Spotted gum is extremely durable and registers a Janka rating of 11 and is listed under class A. Ultimately, this basically means that it is tough and harsh and can withstand practically any environment.
The durable nature of this wood makes it durable and resistant to scratches and abrasions caused by furniture.
It looks extremely beautiful due to its markings and various colors. The fact that it has a variety of colors also means that you can match it with any home style or color scheme.
This wood is extremely easy to paint, stain and polish.
Spotted gum that is harvested and engineered can last up to 40 years when used above the ground, and between 15 to 25 years when being used underground. Not only is it resistant to termites and Marine borer but it is susceptible to lyctid borers.
Spotted gum can be used in so many different types of applications ranging from fencing, decking, lining, framing, and poles. It is also used in much heavier applications such as construction duties in wharfs, railway sleepers, bridges, mining timbers and cross arms.
Spotted gum remains one of the most common choices for hardwood floor lovers. So if you are looking for the best type of flooring to add to your home, speak to our dedicated team. We will be more than happy to provide you with information about spotted gum flooring Perth.